Author Topic: AE86 inner distributor seal sourcing  (Read 1328 times)

eightsix

• Sr. AZT Member
  • woogy boogy
    • View Profile
AE86 inner distributor seal sourcing
« on: February 12, 2014, 01:15:24 PM »
My distributor is leaking again... driving me nuts!! lol... I don't want to spend 26 on an entire kit when I only need that inner seal... I can find a ton of descriptions of it, but nowhere I can buy it individually or a part number.

Anyone know of a part number I can cross reference or someone selling this?

"the seal you should be able to look up by dimensions. It's a 'double lip' (iirc) spring seal 10mm I.D. , 20 MM O.D. , 5mm thick."

"2 - “Inner” U-seal. Specs: 20mm OD, 10mm ID, and anywhere from 5 to 7 mm Wide. This has no Toyota part no. and Toyota do not sell it whatsoever. You will have to source this part yourself by whatever means you can. It’s not overly hard to find however as it is a standard seal size so call around and see where you can get it from. A good place to start is someone like Motor Traders. These cost anywhere between 50 cents to $2.50. Don’t bother starting the job until you have this part." (motor traders doesn't seem like a good suggestion from what I'm finding on their site)

twincharger

• Bad ass
  • Bite me!
    • View Profile
Re: AE86 inner distributor seal sourcing
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 02:49:36 PM »
Finish building your megasquirt, go distributorless.

Problem solved.

SDSK

• Bad ass
  • second time "couchi" owner
    • View Profile
Re: AE86 inner distributor seal sourcing
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 07:44:08 PM »
Agreed.^^^ then I will need the engine stand by July or just after. Gonna have all the space in the world to store parts and I plan on having one nice bunch of parts to be on that stand...

But seriously, finish the megasquirt and get the Frankenstein motor in there...