Author Topic: 4age  (Read 1066 times)


  • Noob
  • *
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile
« on: November 02, 2014, 09:43:36 AM »
So I'm currently looking for a 4age, and I was wondering if I were to pull it out of an MR2 what would I need to put it into my starlet? Because the Mr2 is RR


  • Bad ass
  • *****
  • Posts: 1592
  • Bite me!
    • View Profile
Re: 4age
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 11:21:35 AM »
Not too much.  I think club4ag has a write up.

For one, the FWD water pump does not have strong enough bearings to support holding a fan. So either go electric or convert to a RWD water pump.  That would also include a pulley change.

Motor mounts obviously..  and make sure the inlet on your intake manifold points the right way,  You may have to convert to a RWD intake manifold.

Exhaust obviously, and water outlets and thermostat housing for RWD are easier to work with.  FWD and MR2 water outlets on the back of the head will point straight into the firewall and the thermostat housing is inline instead of up on the front of the engine near the waterpump.

The wiring harness may be a little short for a RWD conversion.

That's all I can think of...