Author Topic: 1985 Trueno  (Read 8578 times)

The Chazzman

• AZT Member
  • East Valley Parts N Pizza
    • View Profile
Re: 1985 Trueno
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2015, 12:53:45 AM »
Toyota museum AND a meet! This is gonna be awesome!

twincharger

• Bad ass
  • Bite me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2015, 01:03:20 PM »
The museum is in Japan... where he is now.

The Chazzman

• AZT Member
  • East Valley Parts N Pizza
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2015, 01:13:17 PM »
Lol I know I was just tripping out over the thought of pics.

Ronnieah

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2015, 08:38:29 AM »
Unfortunately no pictures from the Toyota museum. Just haven't had time to make a trip out there. However, we did make a trip to Okayama last September for the yearly AE86 fest, father in law and myself went there while my wife and her mom visited grandparents with our son.

Thanks for the smog information. I don't have an EGR anymore so we'll see how that goes haha.

Here are a few teasers from our small meet last night. I'll get back to updating my progress sooner or later...

GoPro was handed around throughout to get everyones cars on the go; and the 3 Japanese gentlemen you see posing with the 2 black hatchbacks told us they worked for toyota for 43 years, during their time they assembled lots of 86's! They were beyond stoked to see all these 86's just randomly appear
https://youtu.be/qe7evNJ5WHU

And a few shots that I got...

It was a coincidence that this Levin and Trueno are almost exactly alike...owner's never met before yesterday, but it worked out great! beautiful cars...

more to come...
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 08:43:33 AM by Ronnieah »

Deuce Cam

• Sr. AZT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2015, 09:26:50 AM »
Looks great!

I don't think there are any corollas around here even close to that caliber, except Dan's.

Ronnieah

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2015, 02:22:43 AM »
Whew, been busy the last few weeks, the 86 is in a container now waiting to be put on a ship back to the states. Counting down the days now until we are on a plane heading to the states as well!

Picking up where I left off...

Here is the car the day it arrived, also just a week after the birth of our son.

Lots to do...

One of the first things I started working on was getting the interior as original as possible...

It had a bucket seat that I could barely fit in...so I had to do something about that, and going along with getting the interior back into it's former glory...

Took a break on the interior stuff to get into inspection items needed fixing so I could get her license plates and back on the road...starting with the exhaust...

Next I had to put some higher sitting springs on her to pass the ride height portion, also picked up another hood to replace the old FRP one that was riddled with holes and cracks.

also fit her out with some kouki tails

Ready for inspection!

took a few tries, but we finally passed...

And then I got started on some replacing most of the interior bits...most of them were carbon fiber painted plastic pieces...

Nardi!

old rear seats pulled out...as well as all of the dash...

Got some rear carpet after some searching

also got some GTV seats to complete the seat matching as well, considering this was originally a GTV.

I've since made some other additions to the car, like front&rear mudflaps, TRD rear springs/shocks, and some 14x7.5 -3 Watanabe's. For my next update I think I'll share some of my pictures from 2014's 86 fest in Okayama

Crono0001

• Bad ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2015, 09:08:54 AM »
Gawwwwwwd that interior is mint!!!!
Porsche Boxster 986 3.8
Toyota Corolla AE86 F20C
Mazda Miata NA8C

Deuce Cam

• Sr. AZT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2015, 09:42:38 AM »
Nice! What exhaust is it? It looks similar to my new brave cbe  ;D

twincharger

• Bad ass
  • Bite me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2015, 11:00:57 AM »
Off-topic...   You have a Shiba Inu!     - How Japanese of you!

Super nice car.  Can't wait to see it in person.

Hackeduphachi

• Bad ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2015, 12:06:58 PM »
Dude that interior is so nice! What a clean Hachi! I like you're dog, I have an Akita myself.

• Sr. AZT Member
  • I love bOObies!
    • View Profile
    • Speed Hawaii
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2015, 03:43:34 PM »
Duuude!!! Sweeet!!! Lol. What a score, that thing cleaned up noice! 
Super nice car.  Can't wait to see it in person.
Ditto this ^^^
Dude that interior is so nice! What a clean Hachi! I like you're dog, I have an Akita myself.
Lol, there's a true story movie bout an Akita in Japan named Hachi! Absolutely nothing to do with the car but yah…

haymaker

• Bad ass
  • bloodthirstyhatetheupright
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2015, 03:55:25 PM »
so nice.

Ronnieah

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2015, 05:37:19 PM »
Nice! What exhaust is it? It looks similar to my new brave cbe  ;D

Yes! it is actually a Brave exhaust, picked it up off Yahoo Auctions Japan, it has a great tone.

We have another Shiba too, haha...I don't think my wife and I would make it through the movie Hachi, so sad!! lol

Thanks for the comments, heres a few recent shots of the 86, photos taken by another 86 owner and friend of mine...you can see the black rattle can job my father in law did is starting to show what it really is! I have some body work ahead of me once I reach AZ...

Hackeduphachi

• Bad ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2015, 10:18:19 AM »
Plenty of time for paint later, I will gladly help if you need.

808- yeah I have heard the story, haven't seen the movie. Way sad :/

I have always liked Akita's. I was lucky enough to have one as a kid.

Ronnieah

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2015, 12:21:51 AM »
Hey guys, living out of a hotel right now, we fly out of Japan next weekend. got an update from the shipping port; she's sitting on the vessel waiting to ship out the 26th, ETA in San Diego 16 July!

Does anyone have any suggestions for places to live? looking for a place kind of outside the city, within a reasonable driving distance of Luke AFB...have heard good things about Buckeye, but that was from another military person, I'm sort of trying to avoid living around other military members...
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 12:46:58 AM by Ronnieah »