Author Topic: MtLemmon86's Corolla Build  (Read 7579 times)

MtLemmon86

• AZT Member
    • View Profile
MtLemmon86's Corolla Build
« on: June 09, 2015, 02:11:16 PM »
Sorry if this isn't as cohesive as I'd like kinda pieced together from my two threads on club4ag.  So I bought my Corolla October 10, 2014 from a less than stellar human being.  On paper it had two owners before me and a mere 77,000 original miles!  Oddly the motor had been rebuilt 30,000 miles before.....it was advertised as only needing a clutch.  After around $2100 in parts after the clutch and many hours in the garage I had a mechanically perfect Corolla!  I apologize in advance for the lack of pictures for the first part, I didn't have a photographer and I didn't really stop to take pictures of anything.  This is how it sat when I picked her up,

Stock except for a 4.25" exhaust tip shoddily welded on to the stock exhaust.  Sorry again for the lack of pictures of this part but this is what was done prior to driving the car at all.
-Tie rod ends and rack and pinion boots
-Spark Plugs
-Timing belt & Tensioners
-Cam Seal
-Water Pump
-Front Crank Seal
-Valve Cover Gaskets
-Battery
-Distributor
-Wheel Bearings
-Rewired starter and Alternator
-Replaced leaking diff seals
-MAF twice
-Radiator and Thermostat
-Removed and cleaned gas tank
-Clutch and shift fork and added a lightweight flywheel

Thats not necessarily all in the right chronological order but I'm just going off my parts receipts.  So more pictures!!

And then after enjoying the car for some time, I began pondering what motor I would swap when I got an unbelievable deal on a complete 7age set up!

« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 03:11:06 PM by MtLemmon86 »

MtLemmon86

• AZT Member
    • View Profile
Re: MtLemmon86's Corolla Build
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 02:23:55 PM »
A little paint and polish on the wheels to make them more presentable until I find something I like more on it.

SDSK

• Bad ass
  • second time "couchi" owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 08:33:07 PM »
Cool. Not so cool how you recieved it but nice to see you brought it back from a less deserving owner. We have the same rims but yours is black and I'm in the middle of going white. Welcome to the fourm.

• Sr. AZT Member
  • I love bOObies!
    • View Profile
    • Speed Hawaii
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 08:35:20 PM »
Aloha and welcome to AZT. 7age should be fucken tits! Looks like you've got a parking lot for a driveway, holy crap!

MtLemmon86

• AZT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 01:40:56 AM »
Thanks guys!  I do have lots of driveway/garage room most of the garage has been inhabited by tile and stuff for my different bathroom renovations I had going on but it seems like im done with all that for the time being, hopefully I will have it repainted this month if nothing crazy happens.  I have Pistons/rods and cams coming for the 7age build still not sure which way I'm going to go for the engine management though.

Deuce Cam

• Sr. AZT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 12:09:07 PM »
Welcome!

It's awesome that you live right near the base of the mountain. I wish I lived near a fun road, nothing but grid here :'(

Hackeduphachi

• Bad ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 05:40:02 PM »
Welcome to Azt! Nice car dude! Hope to see some cool stuff in the future. What the plans for the car besides the 7ag build?

MtLemmon86

• AZT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 08:12:45 PM »
Right now other than the new motor, kaaz lsd since its a factory no lsd car, I have a pair of buddy club seats to put in with some trd harnesses, then probably HID's if I find some I like and figure out what rims I want.  And a some bigger brakes down the line just make it a really fun daily/mountain cruiser.  For the longest time I always imagined one of these being the perfect daily so that's what I'm going for but I still want it to be my primary mountain fun car the only thing it really needs an improvement on for daily duty is colder a/c.

haymaker

• Bad ass
  • bloodthirstyhatetheupright
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2015, 08:51:07 PM »
i loved my 4ag on mountain roads, its the only time i really liked it.  i feel like the 7ag would be that much more fun.

Hackeduphachi

• Bad ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2015, 02:06:03 AM »
Yes, they are definitely in their element on mountain roads. Nothing like some tight corners and good elevation changes in a Hachi. When I was in Cali in the national parks with the sounds echoing through the trees... Euphoric. It was the most rewarding drive I have had. I would love to drive mt Lemmon with you sometime. I have heard nothing but great things about it.

MtLemmon86

• AZT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2015, 09:00:52 AM »
Whenever you guys want, I go up pretty much everyday and my driveway has plenty of room for everyone!  I have a vacation and then some family coming out here for a reunion, but when I have more free time id love to have a bbq/meet/mountain cruise at my house if some of you Phoenix guys wanted to come down too also have a pool and spa and stuff.

MtLemmon86

• AZT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2015, 09:03:23 AM »
Been polishing the valve covers that came with the 4age head I got for the 7a build, I couldn't put some crusty old ones back on when I get my head back from being built.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 09:05:46 AM by MtLemmon86 »

SDSK

• Bad ass
  • second time "couchi" owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2015, 12:23:31 PM »
Nice, shaved covers. Eightsix (chris) has a set that Twincharger shaved for him then I painted them. I like how they look shaved. Only better ones imo is the supercharged ones since the words are recessed in rather then poke out.

MtLemmon86

• AZT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2015, 02:23:02 PM »
I know you can still see the toyota in one of you look close but I kinda like it, got my LSD rearend installed today and did new pads and rotors all around after, pics to follow!

twisted kokoro

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2015, 02:22:45 AM »
Well nice to hear of another 86 buddy in Tucson especially on the east side
I don't  live to far from your  general direction and I have quite a few friends who love to drive the mountain day or night anyways I  hope to see your car at the wash or at the meet on Saturday night
1985 Ae86 sr5 .daily
2004 wrx wagon .daily