Author Topic: 1988 Corolla FX  (Read 1106 times)

Saucey

• Noob
    • View Profile
1988 Corolla FX
« on: August 14, 2015, 12:38:17 AM »
Hello everyone, new to the site, but not ENTIRELY new to Toyotas/this group. I owned a TE72 Liftback as my second car and didn't quite know what I had. I've also been to one of the In-N-Out meets in what was my blue Datsun 620 that I no longer have unfortunately (I have a terrible habbit of revolving cars).

Remembered this group since some of the guys at the In-N-Out meet were pretty cool dudes, and I have this little Toyota Hatchback now.

I don't have any pictures right this minute, but will grab some tomorrow. Still working on getting moved into my new apartment and got to put a new radiator in in the parking lot.

I'm also still trying to figure out the carb on the 4AC engine. I think it's running really rich right now, but I'm not quite sure which screw is the mixture screw. There's a thumbscrew on the back side of the carb (closest to the sidewall) that when screwed in ups the idle, but I'm still not sure that's the right one. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I'm going to start hunting for some of the parts it needs, like headlights, front turn signals, etc. So if someone has a lead on parts for an FX, it'd be appreciated as well.

I hope to be at the next ToyDat meet to see some familiar faces.

twincharger

• Bad ass
  • Bite me!
    • View Profile
Re: 1988 Corolla FX
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 09:47:26 AM »
I saw a 95% complete FX hatchback at Pull-n-pay at 2501 W Buckeye Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85009.

This was a couple of months ago.

There are no mixture screws on that carburator.

Everything is preset at the factory.

Check ALL your vacuum hoses.