Author Topic: RA65 Beams PWR  (Read 1980 times)

2jzcoupe

• Noob
    • View Profile
RA65 Beams PWR
« on: April 13, 2016, 09:25:02 AM »
So my friend purchased this car about 2 years ago it was a 300 dollar car that was hit in the front left.  He sent it out and had it put on the frame machine to straigten everything out.  Well he found a clean running gts and he gave me this and I have been wanting one for a long while so I am over excited.  I started work on it yesterday got the bad radiator support out and cleaned the interior out. 

I have some work to do but I am excited I will be getting a beams motor set to run in the car with many other mods to come.

2jzcoupe

• Noob
    • View Profile
Re: RA65 Beams PWR
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 09:26:34 AM »
Getting a head start before the motor gets here getting the engine brackets cut out.  I will also be converting to a manual steering rack set up.

So i picked up a supra rear subframe so that i can go to disk brakes and bigger diff.

Then picked up a set of black top throttlebodies for when the beams gets here.

2jzcoupe

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 09:28:23 AM »
Tonight i made some 1 inch spacers for the front subframe and also set the motor in to see what will have to be moved.

Swaybar has interferance with the oil pan so i am going to take it out for the moment and see what i comw up with.

What i have so far is plenty of room to the firewall about 2.5 inches.  I didnt put it right up against it because the shifter was already moving to far back.  I will have to clearance the rear of the oil pan to gove room for the rack i am putting a manual rack so i should have no issues after trimming.  The rear water outlet i ordered a billet piece that is lower profile and deletes the throttlebody coolant lines.

I wish i could find more info on this swap in a celica but its just not that popular in them.

2jzcoupe

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2016, 09:30:11 AM »
So today i finished the driver side engine bracket.  I had to order a trans mount since my trans was missing mine.  I have no idea how long it will be for it to get here i ordered through rhd japan. 

I located a parts car i am picking up next week so i can cut the core support out of and install it on my car.  Its a flate side with no title 300 bucks is worth it in hopes i can get more spare parts off it.

More than enough rack room

Final sitting location

twincharger

• Bad ass
  • Bite me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2016, 10:46:38 PM »
Nice project.

I had a supra, and my buddy and I rebuilt some 22REs and sold a few Celicas like that many years ago.

It should run nicely with 200 hp of Beams power.

I saw that motor mount and thought it was for airbag suspension.. LOL

Are those just hardware store bolts holding the front subframe on?    Do you think thay will be strong enough?

Motor looks small in there with everything else gone.

2jzcoupe

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 07:10:22 AM »
Nice project.

I had a supra, and my buddy and I rebuilt some 22REs and sold a few Celicas like that many years ago.

It should run nicely with 200 hp of Beams power.

I saw that motor mount and thought it was for airbag suspension.. LOL

Are those just hardware store bolts holding the front subframe on?    Do you think thay will be strong enough?

Motor looks small in there with everything else gone.

The bolts are just for test fitting I will order 10.9 bolts when it comes for reassembly.  I need to mill down my spacers about 1/8inch and I think that will be complete.

FATagent

• Bad ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2016, 08:58:55 AM »
Looking good so far!

haymaker

• Bad ass
  • bloodthirstyhatetheupright
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2016, 06:52:05 PM »
yes, 1000x yes

2jzcoupe

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2016, 04:45:19 PM »
T3 manual brake conversion with pathfinder master.  This is not bolt in new holes and weld shut old holes.

• Sr. AZT Member
  • I love bOObies!
    • View Profile
    • Speed Hawaii
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2016, 08:49:14 PM »
This is gonna be sick!