Author Topic: Homewrecker  (Read 1213 times)

Keegan

• Noob
    • View Profile
Homewrecker
« on: February 02, 2017, 08:07:58 AM »
Hello everyone! So I made a new member post a few years ago and then never really went on to do anything else here. I blew a head gasket on the 4age a few months ago and when I pulled the head off there was quite a bit of erosion on the block mating surface so I pulled the motor(I actually installed an OEM head gasket to try and make the last 2 events of the year to no avail) and have been doing a stock rebuild since then. I am a little late on starting a build thread, I havenít taken too many pictures so far and this is my first but I am going to start doing a more comprehensive build thread. Even if it is just for me to keep track of stuff.

I have kept it a cost effective rebuild because I am planning an SR swap around the end of next season. Although that doesn't mean I have skimped on decent quality parts.

The car

Some erosion

Where it sits right now

So far the list:
Block decked, honed and all tolerances checked and polished the crank.
Phoenix Cylinder Head did the headwork for me, new valves, springs, 3 way valve job and all the other fun stuff
King rod, main and thrust bearings
NPR piston rings
OEM overhaul gasket set
OEM head bolts
Gates timing belt and tensioner
Fuel injectors were all rebuilt
I shaved the TVIS badge and a couple other ugly spots on the intake manifold and had it powdercoated

I ordered a distributor cap and rotor but the cap doesn't match up so I need to get another. I also got an OEM throwout bearing and ACT pilot bearing while I was at it. I will update more as it goes!

twincharger

• Bad ass
  • Bite me!
    • View Profile
Re: Homewrecker
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 08:17:29 AM »
More pictures!!

Block erosion can be patched up with JB Weld and sanded smooth.

I have a spare block if you need one. 

Keegan

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 03:39:22 PM »
So, as it turns out I am terrible at keeping the internet updated lol. I got the 4AGE all done

Brought it to a couple events and have been driving it around for a couple months. I got a new hood for the car finally and...

Sold the 4AGE....

twincharger

• Bad ass
  • Bite me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2017, 09:24:18 PM »
Woohoo!

Isn't that a pretty tough swap?

The engine is tall, so you need to modify the crossmember,  you have to change transmissions.. etc.

Nice engine though.

Keegan

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2017, 02:38:38 PM »
It's not all that tough anymore. I have the 6 speed J160 that goes with it, you don't have to modify the crossmember but you do have to space it down about an inch and trim the bracing under the hood. It won't be the fastest and best thing around but it will double my power. Should be more than enough for awhile.

Deuce Cam

• Sr. AZT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2017, 08:27:17 PM »
Ha small world. The fella that now has the 4age (and green corolla) is a friend of mine, my old neighbor actually. Texted me some of the same pics the other day.

Keegan

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2017, 02:54:12 PM »
Oh yeah? I love that TE of his. I got to cruise it around last weekend and really loved it.

☆AMR☆

• Noob
  • She be back
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2017, 12:18:36 AM »
you will have some fun with that beams haha i know i do  8)
Lov thy rolla with thee 3SG

Keegan

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2017, 11:42:41 AM »
you will have some fun with that beams haha i know i do  8)

I know I am excited. It's been a little slow going lately but once I get my Cressida running again I will be back at it. I have heard your name thrown around a few times around town, good to hear from you!