Author Topic: What I did to my toyota today?  (Read 44930 times)

Wangchung_Tonight

• Bad ass
  • Skid-marks.
    • View Profile
    • Ehhrrr ma gerrd, its merr Ferrsberrk!
Re: What I did to my toyota today?
« Reply #420 on: July 26, 2015, 11:15:11 AM »
Today, I push started the Corolla and did some donuts. I need to source a pair of tires and a battery by the 15th.
The legendary pizza delivery 8-6 of Akina.

RedRolla

• AZT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: July 29, 2015, 10:30:22 PM »
I started to dismantled my 4age  ;D

Sidewayswolf

• AZT Member
  • Love what you drive and drive what you love!
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 04, 2015, 11:26:18 PM »
Today I discovered a spider behind my driver seat and I removed my mangled rear bumper. I also inflated the tires to the proper pressure which made my truck sit up so high! lol
Eagles may soar but weasels dont get sucked through jet engines!

SDSK

• Bad ass
  • second time "couchi" owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 07, 2015, 11:14:53 AM »
Finally had a day completely to myself at home so what is the first thing I do? Start tearing stuff out of the engine bay... Duh...

For the longest time I have been wanting to get rid of the octopussy entangled mess of rubber hoses they call "vacuum lines" and all the unnecessary emissions junk. So with the car running I started unplugging what looked to be useless. Some was some wasn't. Grabbed the throttle a few times seemed fine. Turned off the car and looked around for some more.

Cruise control stuff, yeah not needed. Along with some ridiculous contraption with literally 3 pullies and 3 throttle cables, cruise control module and assembly were removed with surprising ease. No extra parts to go source just unhook the cable from the fire wall and attach it to the throttle body.

After that I realized there were some remains of the power-steering lines under the radiator and the pump was still on the block, hhmmm could of sworn I took that out but I guess not. Definitely not the  easiest to do with out unhooking the radiator and with the car flat on the ground not on stands. Some swearing and pulling got it out without breaking anything (...yay...). 

Turned on the car one last time making sure no leaks, also checking the throttle cable for function since it was a hair longer. That's when I discovered there was an exhaust leak that was obvious before, however this was coming from under the carb with smoke during WOT. Killed the power and found 2 exhaust nuts finger loose. Now I know it's just a 4ac but after getting those two nice and tight it felt like I gained an extra 2 cylinders lol. Not that drastic but definitely got some low end power back but that's after the test drive.

So with everything back together I hop into the car and get ready for the test drive. First thing differrent, gas pedal. Feels light as a feather! (Best thing I have done to this car in quite some time) super happy with that. Engine feels more responsive, cool... Through it into first smash the gas, dump the clutch!.... And it falls on its face....

I think I sat there for a good minute before I did anything. Engine idles just fine but under load it just has nothing to offer. Well I guess I must have removed something important? Forget it, I say to myself and just hook up the octopussy mess. Merrrr, it looks ugly as heck but it runs better now and I have low end back.

Not a bad 4 hours of wrenching, tinkering and getting dirty... Really wish I had all my tools with me and not in storage otherwise this would have gone much easier and less time consuming.

Deuce Cam

• Sr. AZT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 07, 2015, 02:29:34 PM »
^Indeed. Deleting cruise is one of the best mods one can do if equipped. Throttle feel/effort is shit with all dem cables.

I took the car for my usual Saturday cruise (fug college football!). Cororra in natural habitat :D:

• Sr. AZT Member
  • I love bOObies!
    • View Profile
    • Speed Hawaii
« Reply #425 on: November 07, 2015, 02:43:01 PM »
Cool!!! Where's this?! ^ ^ ^

Deuce Cam

• Sr. AZT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 07, 2015, 06:58:08 PM »
I moved to Greenville, SC. It's twisty back road heaven (foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains), no grid here.

Deuce Cam

• Sr. AZT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: April 05, 2016, 08:56:33 PM »
Polished the turd after it was unloaded from a big truck.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 08:58:15 PM by Deuce Cam »