Author Topic: The Hoopty Coupe- 2014  (Read 47814 times)

overspool

• Sr. AZT Member
    • View Profile
The Hoopty Coupe- 2014
« on: February 28, 2012, 11:34:40 PM »
2012- Started the year off with a bang. The 4AC blew while I was tuning the carb, scared the crap out of me.

I started parting out the 4AC engine and bits, and the car got towed/impounded today. It's been parked at my apartment complex for 4 months, and TOWED without WARNING. I'm pissed. Unfortunately my apartment complex has the right to tow my car, because it doesn't have a license plate. I'm hoping to get this resolved tomorrow, but we'll see.

edit:

I'm going to start dumping thread pitch numbers and stuff right her.

fuel filter to fuel rail- m12x1.25 oem part number 90401-12097

2013- time to actually drift this POS. I've got a couple leads for suspension bits. Panhard bar, rear four links, etc, I will be assembling my own. Fully adjustable with grease-able heim joints.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 09:45:31 PM by overspool »

overspool

• Sr. AZT Member
    • View Profile
Re: The Hoopty Coupe- 2012
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 06:49:37 PM »
I got the hoopty back on thursday, and have it safely parked at a friend's house. Just waiting on tax returns so that I can get the GTS swap done :)

overspool

• Sr. AZT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 10:14:57 PM »
No more girlfriend... more money for car parts! I landed a job at O'Reilly auto parts so I get oem replacement parts for super cheap now.

Picking up the GTS swap this week, going to rebuild the engine over the next two weeks, install all the new fuel components, and get this girl running again. I'm so stoked to drive her again.

JMax

• Bad ass
  • Not as baller as the Haymaker
    • View Profile
    • JMax Paint Garage
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 11:46:04 PM »
Sorry about your breakup bud. Good luck with your build.

jmaxgarage.com - jmxg.com
Project a.d.d. since 2001

Phunk Monkey

• Bad ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 11:42:28 AM »
Sorry about your breakup bud.

ummm didn't you hear?  MORE MONEY FOR PARTS!!
Reviving old threads since 1995

overspool

• Sr. AZT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2012, 01:23:04 PM »
We were together 3 days shy of 4 years. It sucks, but working on cars keeps me busy and my mind off of it. Thanks for the sympathy :)

So, this summer I'll be doing several things. Working on the corolla to get it reliable and fun, helping my friend build his SRT-4 racecar, and starting a cafe-style motorcycle project. I'm hoping to get the corolla reliable enough to drive it down to Phoenix for a few events :) I miss the desert terribly.

overspool

• Sr. AZT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2012, 11:50:06 PM »
I just picked up the GTS swap. Subaru wagon FTW!

I got a SUPER good deal. engine, trans, harness, ecu, shifter, headers, intake, literally EVERYTHING needed to get it running except a catback exhaust. The engine has power steering, a/c compressor, all kinds of sick shit. I've gotta get it on an engine stand this week to rebuild/inspect everything. Needless to say I'm excited. I've got something to keep me occupied considering how shit has hit the fan in my life recently. This corolla will live again, and SOON. It'll be getting all kinds of sideways and fun shit.

Also, I may have scored a sick deal on more parts. Toda cams, whiteline rear sway bar, bushing kit, some aftermarket springs, and a bunch of random 4AGE/86 stuff for $300. He just wants it out of his garage. HE hasn't been answering his phone for me though.

And another thing, the dude that I bought the GTS swap from (Brandon Wicknick from D-Spare) has a ton of other 86 stuff lying around. If somebody wants a sr5 zenki coupe rolling shell for cheap, $300 and it's yours.

overspool

• Sr. AZT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 12:12:27 AM »
400 pounds of corolla shit in the back of the legacy. HELL YEAH!

revcyanide

• Bad ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 07:48:45 AM »
I just picked up the GTS swap. Subaru wagon FTW!

I got a SUPER good deal. engine, trans, harness, ecu, shifter, headers, intake, literally EVERYTHING needed to get it running except a catback exhaust. The engine has power steering, a/c compressor, all kinds of sick shit. I've gotta get it on an engine stand this week to rebuild/inspect everything. Needless to say I'm excited. I've got something to keep me occupied considering how shit has hit the fan in my life recently. This corolla will live again, and SOON. It'll be getting all kinds of sideways and fun shit.

Also, I may have scored a sick deal on more parts. Toda cams, whiteline rear sway bar, bushing kit, some aftermarket springs, and a bunch of random 4AGE/86 stuff for $300. He just wants it out of his garage. HE hasn't been answering his phone for me though.

And another thing, the dude that I bought the GTS swap from (Brandon Wicknick from D-Spare) has a ton of other 86 stuff lying around. If somebody wants a sr5 zenki coupe rolling shell for cheap, $300 and it's yours.

what is it missing? just engine and trans etc or is it pretty stripped?

I may be very interested.

overspool

• Sr. AZT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2012, 09:07:37 AM »
It's fully stripped. No wiring, no interior, no engine, no trans. It's a rolling chassis and that's it lol.

revcyanide

• Bad ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2012, 09:44:59 AM »
sooo no dash or anything?

good price, ill pass. they are just to rare up here to find parts for the get it running.

overspool

• Sr. AZT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2012, 12:23:33 PM »
It's got a steering rack/column, but no dash.

And back to the hoopty coupe... surge tank ordered :) Should be here in under a week.

overspool

• Sr. AZT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2012, 07:59:35 AM »
I started tearing down the engine today.

Disconnected the trans from engine

Pulled off the headers

Pulled off the intake manifold

And I pulled one of the valve covers to see what the inside looked like.

Also, I went to remove the spark plug wires, and the boots got stuck on 2 of the spark plugs :( They tore.

I'm in need of an oil cooler and a distributor. Anybody got one or the other lying around?

Hackeduphachi

• Bad ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2012, 12:04:56 PM »
Dizzys for the 16v are a pain in the ass to find in working condition. Check as many j yards as you can and buy a couple, you will probably have to rebuild one. I bought three different ones and none of them worked... its funny now but it wasn't at the time. J yards only give you a credit at there yard so when your dizzy doesn't work they say you can have another one... someday when there's a 4ag. Good luck on your swap.

overspool

• Sr. AZT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2012, 01:58:54 PM »
There are 2 MR2s at the junkyard, both have dizzys.. :) Rebuilding them is easy and relatively cheap, and I just started at O'Reilly so I can get one if I need to. I just was seeing if anybody had one lying around.