Author Topic: Wu-Tang is for the children.  (Read 29148 times)

Dubsky

• Sr. AZT Member
    • View Profile
Wu-Tang is for the children.
« on: June 15, 2012, 03:25:04 PM »

(Tried) to drive no star bash and blew up in 3 minutes ALL SICK..  :o
Talked to Ilia for like 5 minutes, said he still remembered ppl over here and that Efrain was a "good dude" haha.

Before that tried to make my car less of a joke.

FANCY TERMINAL COVERS (oh snap)

Got a braille to match and mounted where it's at in this picture with j-hooks because my equally fancy vertical mount didn't ship from braille in time

Bought rear hts's and they are the best shock ever.. If I knew they were worth as much as they cost I would of stayed 86 front suspension. oh well.

Got a piece of stainless welded around my handbrake and clocked it so if wouldn't interfere with my shifter. The only cable corolla handbrake that actually kinda works:

Replaced the rear cables for it and all the bulbs for 10% over cost, our sister store is Toyota which is kinda nice. Their dealership is a third world country compared to ours though.

Anyway going SR now, wanted to make an event the 22nd, not going to happen. The next event is July 7th at the track I blew up at, which would be nice to finally drive. But we'll see.. The longer it takes the better it will get. Kind of like how David's build is going except on a more expensive and hopefully quicker scale.

I'm having packages delivered to where the car is at in Chicago, so i have to make my mom send me pictures of everything that comes to make sure I got sent the right parts haha.

Fan shroud- keep shit cool
Rad hose- shit is on the other side
Gauges- full electric sweep shit with programmable resistance for the fuel gauge and warning for water temp.
Intercooler and piping- cxracing.. cheap shit! >_<

If you are unfamiliar with the car this was over a year ago before i got the 15x9s:

I work for volvo in case you couldn't tell.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 03:34:48 PM by Dubsky »

SidewaysEightSix

• Bad ass
  • It makes sense if you don't think about it....
    • View Profile
Re: Wu-Tang is for the children.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 05:16:18 PM »
You would put me on blast....

Just wait till you open your care package ;)
"I'm fat and he's Asian.  Crazy food is bound to come up in conversation."
      "wait, am I the Asian?!"
"yeah bro.  Yeah, I think so."
      "I'm white!"
"visually, yes.  But so is Takumi Fujiwara."

Yes....  You are an expert

twincharger

• Bad ass
  • Bite me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 12:33:21 PM »
wow, you found 2 other corollas back east?

Sorry to hear about the blowup.

On to bigger + better things.

Phunk Monkey

• Bad ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 05:18:20 PM »
Well if you don't blow it up or break something, you're not trying hard enough.

Have mom wash car and take more recent pics yes?
Of car of course ;)
Reviving old threads since 1995

Dubsky

• Sr. AZT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 04:02:02 PM »
Well, it's 2012 and the way of the fmic is dead and gone. All the cool kids have v-mounts or trunk mounts, and us broke ass busters are all going hmic/mid mount..

I bought a piping kit with all the combinations of pipe I "might" need and turns out I should only have to use 2 pipes haha. I'm going to start with a 90 reducer off the throttle body into a 90 toward the intercooler. i may be able to go 45-45 though. Definitely can with a freddy manifold.
The driver side is just a straight pipe, if the sr outlet is where a ka-t turbo outlet would be, we are money.
(It's very similar to Bryce's without getting rid of the headlight motors/linkage.)

I trimmed the passenger side hole after taking that picture so the core was able to sit higher/level. Plus I couldn't hold it up and take the pic at the same time. Its not blocking the entire radiator either, even though it is larger then what I thought, I want it as high as possible.
Get aluminum sheet for ducks to run off the top intercooler mounting bungs->hood, a lower one against the radiator support->bumper, the intercooler brackets will be down there too, and side will most likely use the 3 bolts off the headlight motors all sick. Sheet sheet sheet.

Cardboard will be my friend, (so will anybody with a tig)
A problem did occur since my side radiator mounting brackets had to be removed for the piping to be ran.
I need a top brace for both cores, probably going to have to ghetto rig pieces of steel from the intercooler to the edges of where the upper radiator support use to be, and run even worse brackets from the back of the rad where the shroud mounts to, over the top to the intercooler. It would work but be so gaudy.  Anti-dan 5000
Mounting it to the motor isn't an option unless I go back to uti, only acceptable excuse.  ;D

Toying around with the idea of getting rid of the chassis harness in the engine bay. But it's like creating work for myself. I'm most likely am spraying the bay black or super red (might fly brinkin out wit dem spray can skills) and it would be nice to keep it clean.

Looking at all my gauges I have just enough room to fit them all in a stock cluster.
but I dislike the plastic tubing they give you for the oil pressure gauge, being the same as the tubing for boost gauge. I read to use 1/8th copper line instead.

Also super impressed about the fitment of these fans on the shroud:  :P

The shroud is pretty nice but they tried to go big or go home with the fans.
Is this machined in case the rad gets blocked and your fans don't burn up?
They include foam tape to help seal the shroud to the rad but then don't seal the fan to the shroud?  :o

__

Before no star bash the KA couldn't really spin 195's like it should, so I got the new 185/55R15's federal came out with. Took 2 trys from online tires. They sent 155/45r14s instead the first time and never sent a return shipping label after like 2 months of waiting I just kept them even though I over paid for them by 5$ or so.

Only took one try to get them mounted on mah 9J however  ::)

It's not too bad of a stretch, who was it that said 195 on a 8J was a stretch on the last site? Ric maybe?

This is the 240 flca bolt, and why you need to drill one side of the subframe out to 14mm.

#themoreyouknow

haymaker

• Bad ass
  • bloodthirstyhatetheupright
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 09:08:56 PM »
excited for dubsky

Brinkin

• AZT Member
  • zazz.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 02:29:50 AM »
Did someone say Brinkin...

Jordan

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 02:51:33 AM »
bauce sauce

Hackeduphachi

• Bad ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2012, 10:48:57 AM »
Hey mofos... Wu tang clan aint nothin to F**k with!! That goes double for dubskys rolla!!

ZERO

• Administrator
  • Bad ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2012, 07:46:29 AM »
YAH for Dubsky!  I cant wait till this car is back out tearing up the track.
Why do noobs always call their hatch a hatchi but no one ever calls their coupe a couchi?

Dubsky

• Sr. AZT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2012, 03:09:13 PM »
I am a man of my word.

I borrowed the engine crane from work friday, and this time decided to take whole drawers out of my box instead of piling tools into the van.
Blitzkrieged home in 4.5 hours and dropped the hoist. Tried to go to sleep but was too stoked. Fell asleep around 3 a.m. got up 6:55ish.
Ate 1 ego waffle and left around 8 to get gas and start on my way. Took over 5 hours to get up to Wausau, which sucked.
Met the owner and went for a test drive, I was surprised he asked if I wanted to drive it. It was everything I hoped for realistically. Because all I really care about is the pull/torque. Off throttle you could really feel the s14's weight. I really wanted another 14 if I wrecked this car but now I'm kinda turned off on it. I did a 3rd gear full throttle mob and instantly could picture ppl's faces the first time they ride in my car. Mainly because everyone of my friends and family just see it as another pos ricer. >_>
It's going to feel so good.

Get back to his house around 1:30 and start ripping it apart. Get it all out and loaded into the van by 4:30.
Had issues with the downpipe and not having a real leveler on his hoist, plus it was 93 and humid as hell. Used some Styrofoam and blankets for the motor to sit on and not fuck the pan up. Since this is a handicap van it still has the floor tie straps for holding a wheelchair down, so you can guess how i kept it from tipping over =D. I leave feeling like I just committed statutory rape because of the deal I just got. More on that in a sec.

Drive back a faster yet more scenic way dehydrated and starving off my one eggo. Almost saw a car hit a deer when it waited to run in front of it, like inches. Ponds, gardens, barns, mini windmills, hella trellis's. Every yard in Wisconsin is like a minigolf course with out any holes. Get home before 9 and unload my tools and spare parts. Eat a chicken Parmesan sandwich, giardiniera up the ass.
Pull the ka out. Reached my goal of 9 hours of driving and 2 motor pulls, But we don't stop we don't quit.

I thought I was funny at no star bash when I wrote this.

Take the sr out of the van on a upward banked driveway. remove the p.s. pump, transfer the trans mount, and loop the heater hoses. Then start the longest battle to get the tranny past the rack and then get the mounts on the pegs without lifting up the entire car. For some reason the motor/trans felt/acted bigger then a ka. MINDFUCK, just need to hammer the tunnel a bit, it was midnight by this time. Try and fit the downpipe, going to need to switch from studs to bolts and oval the one hole since the t28 is a tiny bit dif. Cut the ka. throttle bracket to use because the s14 bracket was not going to work and i didn't know I needed the bushings for it. Spend the rest of the night looking for kouki sr wiring diagrams, there is dick out there.. Fall asleep around 2 am. BOOM, what a day.

Get up 7 again, search for awhile more comparing my harness to s15 and zenki s14 fsm's looking for colors and pinouts to match in the slightest, they don't. But then it dawned on my dumbass that I have a conversion harness, I might as well be wiring a KA s14. FML
Find out the dude also took the eccs or whatever relay for ecm power. Doesn't matter, wire all 4 curcuits needed directly together for the moment, put the fuel lines on. Trimmed my intercooler piping to fit.

Stood back at the amazingness and figured. "Well I didn't plan on getting this far, but might as well see if it starts?" hook up starter/alternator, ground motor. Cranks and starts after 15 seconds, no turbo elbow sounds narly, no iac bung doesn't allow it to idle, plus I got no coolant/rad in the car. So I let it die after 10 seconds.
So fucking cool. I wasn't able to sneak the rad inbetween the intercooler and motor with the ka but can with the sr. So I tried my hoses on and was highly aroused at this point haha.

Loaded the hoist and tools back in the van, threw everything downstairs and now I'm typing this about to drive another 5 hours back to Michigan. (I am not driving like I did on the way here haha)

1998 Nissan Silvia SR20DET motor and transmission, supposively 45k on it.
Nismo Low. Temp thermostat $
New OEM Water Neck outlet
Newly replaced IAC, temp sensor, tpms, and distributor. (Had a previous ecu issue he couldn't figure out)
Turbo oil and water lines
PBM HMIC- 380$ new
greddy type S BOV $

Exedy Stage 2 clutch- feels like stock so it probably is, efrain has my spec stage 3 already paid for.
Power By Max 1 piece downpipe- My favortie part of this deal, use to be 400$ untill they mass produced it.
Samco hoses- ugly ass blue

PBM intake $60
tubular manifold- meh, looks cooler then stock
HKS wastegate- aww yeaaaaa

Upper Wiring Harness from Wiring Specialties- Not new wires on old connectors, not new connectors on your old shitty harness, ALL FUCKING NEW. From wipers to a.c. all plug and play, Hella expensive but very nice.

greddy oil filter relocation- clamps made to look like an? biggest waste/gamble for 266$ new
Nismo Fuel Pressure Regulator $
fan and shroud- keeping for later

extra ecu- NA ecu's are supposedly pretty rare, he planned to go nistune so he bought a spare?

Thats what I expected with the swap, or rather what was listed in his thread minus the new(er) sensors which is a major bonus.
Found tomei rocker arm stoppers, which I'm pissed and kind of cool with. I didn't want to take the valve cover off if I didn't have to.

PBM magnetic drain plug and z32 plug that comes with the wiring specialties harness. Direct plug and play, so clean.

Before we even took a test drive I asked about the radiator, he said this was a "swap" for sale and he was putting a ka in in the mean time to drive it around if he wanted to. He said yeah, you can either have this rad or the other s13 one inside. I was like, no this one is just fine.. holding back evil laughter. KOYO FOR FREE BITCHES.

It's way nicer/newer then mine but you'd have to eliminate the lower mount on the headlight in order to run/fit it. SELLLLLL
I didn't notice untill I got home it has a blitz "DRIFT PERFORMANCE" cap haha

Anyway in the thread it was also meantioned:
if your a serious buyer i do have a apexi fc, 550cc injectors, z32 maf that i include if i get what I'm asking for and that price is *insert some joke about how it's less then a 20v swap or putting moeny into a 4ac*

At first I thought he meant a power fc, and rightfully was like SHITTTTT. But then I realized he meant afc neo or some bullshit. Still a decent deal considering a s14 sr swap from zerolift shipped to my door would only be 250 less then all this.

The injectors were purple tops which i knew immediately were stock, i didn't give a shit though.

Real z32 tho, don't really give a shit.

and this is why, he pulled the box with this extra parts in it, showed me the extra ecu from across the garage and then said..

Oh and heres the power fc, i look up and see him holding a commander, and I am like THERE REALLY IS A GOD AND HE LOVESSSSSSS MEEEEEEEEEE. So yeah, if its the right ecu for a kouki 14 i'll keep it, if it's not. I'll sell it for 750 bucks. Either way I'm sooooooo stoked.

If I had brought my drill, my stud extrators, and had another day to work on this I'd be driving around the neighborhood open downpipe shaking it down for issues before I pull it out again for the clutch, clean, and maybe paint?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 03:13:26 PM by Dubsky »

haymaker

• Bad ass
  • bloodthirstyhatetheupright
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2012, 05:12:41 PM »
i like you dubsky.

JMax

• Bad ass
  • Not as baller as the Haymaker
    • View Profile
    • JMax Paint Garage
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2012, 12:29:02 AM »

shit just got real!!!

jmaxgarage.com - jmxg.com
Project a.d.d. since 2001

twincharger

• Bad ass
  • Bite me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2012, 06:56:57 PM »
Sounds like a good deal.

So, engine and trans mounts the same?    Easy swap then.

Are you still using the corolla rear end?

That was still a fast swap.

Dubsky

• Sr. AZT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2012, 03:57:31 PM »
i like you dubsky.

You better after I pieced your thread back together off club4ag. That took even longer then making this^ post.

Sounds like a good deal.

So, engine and trans mounts the same?    Easy swap then.

Are you still using the corolla rear end?

That was still a fast swap.

As long as everything works it was a great deal, I asked tim what he thought I spent on everything and he said 4-5k haha. I told him and he just said "whatttttt, CAME UPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!"

Yeah, efrain had sr- i put in ka- boom- i put in sr. It was the whole idea all along. 240's don't have to buy/make special mounts to put sr's in haha.

Yeah still welded kouki rear end that makes some funny noises, i hope it's just the ring and pinion so it can blow up and I can just replace it with a 4.1. then blow that up when the haymaker car is done and just tell future. "give me what dan's got yo" and hand over money and s14 subframe. (If I decide to take the car out there)
I have other expense's i want to attend to before i do anything else with the car beyond a jsp manifold so I can run that sweet downpipe. YUMMEH!

The swap will end up being a full day of actual work, it will take me longer to do all my gauges honestly.
routing and wiring from scratch. Plus making the cluster, aka trying to be somewhat clean with everything. Definitely easier for me to do motor swaps haha.

Being flat-rate you just kill everything, not necessarily smash everything with a hammer like Jeremy Clarkson but you get in a flow and without even moving that fast you are done in the time it takes the average person to realize what they need to do and pull their tools out of their ass.

I went to homedepot, thank god they are open on the 4th. and got my iac bung- removable radiator crossmember (idea stolen from some guy on ziptied)- and zinc covered sheet metal for ducks. aluminum this size would of been 100$+ so yeah, maybe later. RACE CAR

Linking my current downpipe to my exhaust, which needs to be replaced 2 times over by now, is what I'm dreading most. I need to replace the flex section that broke off and I got rid of the second piece which isn't the biggest deal but still.. It's something I can't do myself, and something that will eventually be replaced.