Author Topic: Wu-Tang is for the children.  (Read 33682 times)

Dubsky

• Sr. AZT Member
    • View Profile
Re: Wu-Tang is for the children.
« Reply #210 on: February 18, 2016, 08:55:34 AM »

Still alive and fighting the good fight.

Drove 3 Waterford Hills hpde events and 2 days at the ending gridlife at gingerman last year.

We got a house this past Christmas: http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/77-Knollwood-Blvd-Clawson-MI-48017/24535769_zpid/
It's small, but I've been looking at all the other houses that come onto the market here in clawson and ours is bar far the nicest.

Other then that I already purchased 4 hpde days at gingerman for 2106. Looking at 6-7 hpde days at Waterford.
The schedule for clubfr is out but I'm hoping they do early bird sign up again. Since they sell out 2-4 hours from posting during the season.

I have my 17x9 +15 square wheels as previously mentioned. waiting until march comes to buy my tires/hubs and anything related to actual racing/cars.
Rode in a brz with 225 wide re71r bridgestones and it changed my life. Can't wait till I order my 245's. re71r's make your neck sore. then a few months
later here I read that everyone on the bridgestones or the bfg rival are 1 second faster at most across events then the rs3's or z2's. I can believe it.

I bought a thrustmaster steering wheel, pedals, shifter set up for forza 6 and I'm making a pcv rig currently.
Bought a bride zieg 3 replica to move from the rig to my car for driftdays as well. So i'll have some mental practice going into the season
and it's actually pretty fun even if it's fairly unrealistic.

Hopefully throwing some money and time into the 86 soon.
Fix my bent wheel, order newer front tires, buy another battery most likely, and finally get a downpipe made by anybody who can tig.

I achieved expert Volvo status which is the highest you can get. I should be the next shop forman here in the next year or two when the
current one retires or goes back to journeyman. so my career and future here is solid. Just have to survive the slow period and get
back to making the money I was making 2 years ago when I was buying shit for the rolla constantly and flying out there every few
months. having 2.5 extra techs here put a stop to that last year unfortunately.

haymaker

• Bad ass
  • bloodthirstyhatetheupright
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 19, 2016, 08:36:57 AM »
that house is adorable

Deuce Cam

• Sr. AZT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 19, 2016, 04:26:08 PM »
Congrats looks nice. I like small houses less to clean. Pretty cool that it has a garage around back since it's more private and has plenty of driveway space to park (and wash) cars.

Dubsky

• Sr. AZT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 23, 2016, 02:36:08 PM »
Thanks bros. Still getting furniture and settling in.

Bought 3 days at Waterford.
Ordered my 114.3 Conversion hubs.
Kind of having an oh shit moment since my 7X9 +15 wheels are for drifting and running a 245 may not work without 4 degrees of camber. Worst case I buy actual r33's (+30) or something else in 5X114.3

Dubsky

• Sr. AZT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 20, 2016, 08:28:41 PM »
Well after 2 weeks of waiting and phone calls I finally got an answer on my hubs being "totally recalled.. maybe you will get them when the new ones are done with testing at the end of the year"
Took another call and email to get a refund a week later.
Frsparts.org sucks

Decided on some 17x9 sbc rpf1s.
Mounted and balanced my tires.
Test drive on them and went to take them off and the muteki lug nuts ate 25% of my studs. Even though I did them by hand and torqued them.
The factory studs get weaker from track day heat. I had a rear one go bad at a drift day with a factory lug. And these muteki lugs don't go on very smooth because of tiny bits of debree in the threads. I found them on the second set I got with the arp studs. I had to run the studs in and out of them at least 3 time each. blowing them out to clean them up.
I wasn't about to drop $200+ on project kics however

Tomorrow it'll all get put back together and hopefully aligned.
Then I can post pics

SidewaysEightSix

• Bad ass
  • It makes sense if you don't think about it....
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 21, 2016, 03:29:20 PM »
FRS sent me a vvt solenoid connector via USPS and signature verified, even tho I specifically requested UPS ground with no signature.   Took two weeks of pink slips on the door and fighting with USPS before I had to just order a second one again requesting no signature.   They did eventually refund the first order in full tho
"I'm fat and he's Asian.  Crazy food is bound to come up in conversation."
      "wait, am I the Asian?!"
"yeah bro.  Yeah, I think so."
      "I'm white!"
"visually, yes.  But so is Takumi Fujiwara."

Yes....  You are an expert