Author Topic: Proud MR2 fan  (Read 6350 times)

papaalpha2010

Proud MR2 fan
« on: January 02, 2013, 01:10:20 AM »
As many may know already.  I found a steal on a '88 MR2.  This guy was leaving town and needed to sell fast.  Long story short he parted with his MR2, all the tools to take it apart, a new air filter, new set of plugs, digital timing light, a roll of upholstery vinyl, a hydraulic jack, one jack stand, two ramps, two flash lights, and a UV light all for 750 cash.  Anyways, I'm the proud owner of a 4AGE MR2 project car now.  I hope to see you all more often at the Friday meets and show off the progress being made.  Once I get the interior done, I'm going to be looking for some of that JDM fresh smell good stuff.  Until then, stay thirsty my friends.

Photos to come shortly

aqa540

• AZT Member
    • View Profile
Re: Proud MR2 fan
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 07:07:57 PM »
That's whats up.

haymaker

• Bad ass
  • bloodthirstyhatetheupright
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 07:12:50 PM »
pics is whats not up...

we are a visual people.

TheRollingZoku

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 01:12:14 AM »
pics is whats not up...

we are a visual people.

I second this!

ZERO

• Administrator
  • Bad ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 02:31:26 AM »
we are a visual people.
Definitely a "picture book" kind of crowd on here  :P
Why do noobs always call their hatch a hatchi but no one ever calls their coupe a couchi?

Dubsky

• Sr. AZT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 08:31:40 PM »
we are a visual people.
Definitely a "picture book" kind of crowd on here  :P

HA! Died..

papaalpha2010

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 01:33:24 PM »
Haha.  Sorry about the long wait peeps.  Here are some photos i took after i got the junk yard hood installed.  It's ironic that the hood is black.  I wasn't looking for a black hood but that just happened to be the color of the best looking hood available.  Also, i got both beat up headlamp covers replaced.  Next items on the todo list are the radiator fan switch to solve the over heating problem, the driver side window regulator so i can drive without freezing half my face off, the ignition lock cylinder, and the leaking clutch master cylinder.

All in all, pretty standard photos right now.  More to come as i work on her more.

TheRollingZoku

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 03:14:14 AM »
What was wrong with the red hood? It looks mint in the picture and even has the hood emblem.

papaalpha2010

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 06:06:54 PM »
A little hard to explain but the front lip, where the hood latch is at is flattened making it hard to close without practically body slamming the hood.  It's still in pretty good condition other wise.  The change in hood made it a lot easier to latch and changed some minor details that I wasn't concerned about but a friend made a good point.  The previous owner had all his racing logos on it which I scraped off but there was one on the hood that had been faded on there so changing the hood got rid of that making the car a little bit more my own.  Again like I said small details.  The emblem I plan on removing and putting back on the junk yard hood so no worries there.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 06:09:34 PM by papaalpha2010 »

TheRollingZoku

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2013, 06:56:22 PM »
Right on! Looks good, was just wondering. Totally understandable why you would wanna change it, have you cleaned your hood latch assembly? That will help heaps as well, my AE70s hood liked to stick and I was thinking it was the release cable. However it was just a millimetre of gunk that was one it.

Keep us updated looks good! ^___^

papaalpha2010

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2013, 07:23:49 PM »
Thanks for the advise.  I did that as well actually. I sprayed some brake cleaner in the latching mechanism and then hit it up with some WD40.  It made a difference for sure.  I still have a lot of work to do to get her back in prime condition but she's hanging in there for now.

Been thinking... should this thread be under the members ride's section?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 07:27:11 PM by papaalpha2010 »

twincharger

• Bad ass
  • Bite me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2013, 09:42:23 PM »

papaalpha2010

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2013, 12:39:13 PM »
Alright... so the right rear axle is busted... that will be a $400 part.  I think I can get the hook ups from some friends and get some whole sale parts.

SDSK

• Bad ass
  • second time "couchi" owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2013, 09:28:43 AM »
See if pizza Chris can get whole of it or if you want cheap there is always the junkyard...

Wangchung_Tonight

• Bad ass
  • Skid-marks.
    • View Profile
    • Ehhrrr ma gerrd, its merr Ferrsberrk!
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2013, 01:01:15 PM »
We actually looked for this yesterday and we can order it from Cardone (reman) for like $100 plus $30 or so core, iirc. Alberto was in here and mentioned this lol
The legendary pizza delivery 8-6 of Akina.