Author Topic: why do YOU... LOVE Toyotas so much?  (Read 2642 times)

Hackeduphachi

• Bad ass
    • View Profile
Re: why do YOU... LOVE Toyotas so much?
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2013, 03:21:37 PM »
I didn't start with a Toyota tho... My first car was a 85 300zx it was fun but a pain to work on. So I got the 85 rx7 I love them they handle great. I learned to drift in the rx7. I played around with a couple other rx7 and z cars before I finally picked up my first Toyota in 2007. A 85 GTS coupe I had wanted a hachi since 10 years prior before I finally got one. It proved it self to me.I started buying only Toyota. I have had no problems with any of them and feel like an ass for ever buying other makes. Toyotas had to earn my love in the end. If the hachi hadn't met my every expectation and been the most fun I have had in a car I might have never had got to know the true awesomness that is Toyota.

overspool

• Sr. AZT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2013, 06:55:34 PM »
take me to azusa canyons when i was little.

I effing love azusa. Los Angeles area right? My buddy is from there, and we hit up azusa canyon when we were there for formula D.

My family was never really into motorsports. My dad built a badass Land Rover Defender 90 for rock crawling. that's about it.

I started with Subarus. 08 WRX, 93 Impreza, 99 Legacy, 95 Legacy, 05 LEgacy GT. Basic bolt ons and suspension mods on all of them, except the 05 LGT. Bone stock still :) I always had a thing for drifting though. I always wanted to get into it. A buddy of mine (The same one that I went to FD with) has been to almost every single FD event at Irwindale. I went through the Toyota T-Ten program in school (closest thing to Subaru). Then I bought an SR5 AE86 for $300. I thought I got a goldmine. I found the car on the side of the road in a tiny little town. And since I've driven it... I WANT MOAR OLD TOYOTAS. They are just so much fun... they have "character" and "personality". Every car has a story to tell.

Hackeduphachi

• Bad ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2013, 09:14:29 PM »
The Hachi has personality and character but most importantly SOUL.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 09:18:39 PM by Hackeduphachi »

toywagon82

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2013, 11:09:38 PM »
take me to azusa canyons when i was little.

I effing love azusa. Los Angeles area right? My buddy is from there, and we hit up azusa canyon when we were there for formula D.

My family was never really into motorsports. My dad built a badass Land Rover Defender 90 for rock crawling. that's about it.

Yes sir,it was about ten minutes away from my house..my mom used to race her rx2 there and i used to go with my uncles and his friends run their corollas and datsuns..its beautiful up there and angelas crest is noce.
Formula d at irwindale?

Phunk Monkey

• Bad ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2013, 12:41:58 AM »
One word=  http://aztoyota.org/forum/index.php?topic=21.0

Saw my first hatchback corolla in when I was around 9 or 10.  I only remember it because of the pop up lights and gts on the side.  Always had a soft spot for pulsars for the same reason but it just looked too short.  Didn't see my first coupe until about 10 years later and I think it looks too short too.   
The car belonged to a friend of my uncle.  I thought it was the "coolest" thing I'd seen when all my friends would talk about was impalas.    Back then the scene was low rider so he had some small wire wheels that stuck out just past the fender.  In my mind, he started the stretched tire mad stance look lol.  Soon after you would see sentras with the same style rim/tire combo.  Even dodge stratus(es?)  were rocking that look.

I wouldn't call myself a "Toyota" guy only because I love cars from several makes anywhere from low rider and muscle to imports and euros.  Toyota just happens to have more of the cars that I like the most of, with Nissan being a close second.  Most being late 80's to late 90's and slowly dying after that.

Reviving old threads since 1995

jimmyde

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2013, 07:28:21 AM »
Haha!^ I remember sentras and what not on "roadster" style wheels, back in the mid 90's !! I can appreciate all makes and model cars too but if I had a wad of cash in my hand a Toyota would be what would buy!!

overspool

• Sr. AZT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2013, 04:00:20 PM »

Yes sir,it was about ten minutes away from my house..my mom used to race her rx2 there and i used to go with my uncles and his friends run their corollas and datsuns..its beautiful up there and angelas crest is noce.
Formula d at irwindale?

Yup. I was staying in Monrovia for the weekend. I would love to drive up the canyon when it's daytime. I only went at night lol. My friend, who used to live there, is currently putting together a corolla. As soon as his is done, and mine is reliable, we're going to attempt to make a roadtrip out there.

• Sr. AZT Member
  • I love bOObies!
    • View Profile
    • Speed Hawaii
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2013, 11:11:01 PM »
First time fingering my slutty ex, was in my brother's extra cab Yota. Ahhhhh, the good old days  :'(

TheRollingZoku

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2013, 06:36:33 PM »
I discovered I didn't like Nissans anymore and had too many of them. Shhhhhhhh don't tell anyone.
In 2009 I bought my MX73 for $400 after I had sold my '69 dime and WannaBe-Type X S13, ever since its just been a love for these older boxier chassis and I like the fact you need to actually know the car and that some require fabrication work for certain parts, not just oh hai hey I went on FRSport and ordered everything.

Another big thing is I love the interchangeability that Toyota has, lots of parts fit other chassis.

I still do love Nissan but were a couple that is over each other, doesn't mean I don't enjoy seeing an Iron Mask R30 or a old 330SGL Gloria, however....

RA40 Celica>R30 Skyline and MS65 Crown>330SGL