Author Topic: Help!!!!  (Read 2677 times)

SuperchargedAE92

• AZT Member
    • View Profile
Help!!!!
« on: July 11, 2013, 02:15:38 PM »
Okay so I have a 91 corolla with a 4agze swap in it. I have alot of maintenance to do one the motor but my maf sensor went out an I got fixed last nite, however the car started just fine but now the idle goes up and down and the check engine light is on. I'm trying to figure how to check the codes but I don't know where the wire is at to jump so I can check the codes and I keep trying to google it but it tells me how to do it but not where to find the wire. If there is anyone who knows where the wire is please tell me I need to know ASAP. Thank you guys!

eightsix

• Sr. AZT Member
  • woogy boogy
    • View Profile
Re: Help!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 07:38:47 PM »
Okay so I have a 91 corolla with a 4agze swap in it. I have alot of maintenance to do one the motor but my maf sensor went out an I got fixed last nite, however the car started just fine but now the idle goes up and down and the check engine light is on. I'm trying to figure how to check the codes but I don't know where the wire is at to jump so I can check the codes and I keep trying to google it but it tells me how to do it but not where to find the wire. If there is anyone who knows where the wire is please tell me I need to know ASAP. Thank you guys!

Is it safe to assume you do not have a little black box somewhere along your engine harness that says "diagnosis?" Is it the GZE harness or one you made work?

eightsix

• Sr. AZT Member
  • woogy boogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 07:39:37 PM »
PS, do you have a build thread made in the garage? I'd love to see this thing lol.

SuperchargedAE92

• AZT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 07:54:50 PM »
I'm not sure if I do or don't I'll find out as soon as I go over to my brothers that's where my car is. I'll have to start a build thread here tonite

SuperchargedAE92

• AZT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 09:27:52 PM »
Thank for telling me where that little black box was at I found it and about to jump it right now!!!

twincharger

• Bad ass
  • Bite me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 12:24:54 AM »
Unfortunately I don't think the 4agZe and 4age MAF sensors are the same.

There is an extra resistor in the non-4agze one.  I'm not sure how much of a difference it makes.

Here is a 4agze wiring diagram, right in the middle there is an AFM without the resistor between Vc and Vs.

...from the information I submitted to club4ag about 17 years ago. - wow.

and here is a 22R one with the resistor between Vc and Vs, the 4age is the same, but I can't find a wiring diagram for one right now.

What's wrong with your original MAF sensor?

« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 12:26:53 AM by twincharger »

SuperchargedAE92

• AZT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 12:47:19 AM »
A piece of the metal broke but I got it soldered back together and it works good no code for that

SuperchargedAE92

• AZT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2013, 09:37:20 PM »
Now all I have to do calibrate the tps sensor an get the starter replaced and the speed sensor an I will not have a any more codes.