Author Topic: Valve cover set  (Read 1933 times)

SuperchargedAE92

• AZT Member
    • View Profile
Valve cover set
« on: July 17, 2013, 10:57:09 PM »
I ordered a valve cover set for my 4agze an the cover gasket fit perfect both of them but the center piece that goes over the spark plugs doesn't fit an it's pissing me off it doesn't match up to the center piece let alone fit inbettween the valve covers... I need help trying to figure this out.

twincharger

• Bad ass
  • Bite me!
    • View Profile
Re: Valve cover set
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 11:53:50 AM »
Pics?

I don't think that there is a difference in the spark plug valley cover between smallport and big port heads.

Where did that part come from?  Might be the wrong one?

If you ordered it for your car's year and model, it's wrong.

4afe is not the same as 4agze.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 11:55:30 AM by twincharger »

Deuce Cam

• Sr. AZT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 06:37:06 PM »
The 4agze valley cover and gasket is different from a 4age. 

4agze:

4age:

SuperchargedAE92

• AZT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 08:13:54 PM »
I ordered it from autozone came with the valve cover gasket set an it's not the right one so I took it back an all the pictures so the same gasket so I don't know...

eightsix

• Sr. AZT Member
  • woogy boogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 01:50:39 PM »
the spark plug cover has a little gasket set too (more like a rubber weather stripping), maybe that caused it to mis align? The valve covers tightened enough down to allow the alignment to be right?

I don't have an extra valley cover anymore, but you should try one of ours to see if you have the same problem, otherwise I agree with Twincharger of it being the wrong one.

I bet someone has one laying around you can have/trade/buy. Hell, get a sheet metal strip and come over, we can probably make one. Or junk yard a cover from the nova's, I kind of like the look of it more honestly too, but you'd need the recessed plug wires.