Author Topic: Haymaker's Build: The Duck Is DEAD.. Beware of attack robots!  (Read 72277 times)

JMax

• Bad ass
  • Not as baller as the Haymaker
    • View Profile
    • JMax Paint Garage
Re: Haymaker's Build
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2012, 04:32:00 PM »
....with all due respect, you need at least a 9.5 wide wheel on the rear for all that stupid power to transfer down to the ground...

my god, looks so sexy in person....

jmaxgarage.com - jmxg.com
Project a.d.d. since 2001

haymaker

• Bad ass
  • bloodthirstyhatetheupright
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2012, 06:52:42 PM »
I agree, but can't afford that right now.  i have been rolling on 7.5r/7f forever now so this will be an improvement even if only slight. i need to see what i have to do to the body to fit more aggressive  wheels.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 07:21:32 PM by haymaker »

haymaker

• Bad ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2012, 07:40:38 PM »
got my solid subframe bushings from stance today.

i also ordered a custom set of stance coilovers (s13 rear / ae86 front) te only problem is that it'll take 1-2 months for them to arrive  :-[ :-[ :-[

ZERO

• Administrator
  • Bad ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2012, 11:23:59 PM »
Shitty about the wait time but the end result will be incredible.
I cant wait to see the new rims as well.  Time for some flares!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 11:26:56 PM by ZERO »
Why do noobs always call their hatch a hatchi but no one ever calls their coupe a couchi?

haymaker

• Bad ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2012, 10:34:45 AM »
yeeehhhhhhhh... i am afraid flares might be necessary... i just don't know if i can get away with some nice subtle alpha style (run free) or if i'll have to go cby.

here is a question i can put to the masses... i can get a full set of s13 stance quicker and cheaper, but then i would have to switch to s13 suspension in the front. i like my set up, up there (rx7 4pot, t3 adjustable lower control arms,t3 roll center adjusters,roll center adjusted tie rods,megan tension rods).
 if i go with s13 coilovers/knuckles in the front i'll lose the t3 lower arms, i'll need new camber plates, custom tension rods, i'll degrade down to stock s13 brakes because nothing else (z32) will fit with a 15" wheel and i am not sure if my tie rods will work.

so here is the question, should i go with cheaper/quicker coils and the headache of switching all that crap over or just wait for the hybrid set?

i am leaning towards waiting for the hybrid set.

Phunk Monkey

• Bad ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2012, 11:18:35 AM »
Wait. This car does not deserve cheap.
Reviving old threads since 1995

ZERO

• Administrator
  • Bad ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2012, 01:37:50 PM »
Wait. This car does not deserve cheap.
Pretty much this.  Unless its 9in wide ROTAs.
Why do noobs always call their hatch a hatchi but no one ever calls their coupe a couchi?

JMax

• Bad ass
    • View Profile
    • JMax Paint Garage
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2012, 02:06:58 PM »
FUCK ROTAS

Please do not put rotas in your car. Haven't you seen the Bogart wheels on the white hatch? They look good man! Plus custom sizes!

I would say it depends what you want to do. I already have a nice reliable DD so my car will be more track oriented, thus going with full S13 coilovers (front conversion). Are you boxing the rear coilover perch mount? cause I am. That piece of metal is flimsy as hell.

revcyanide

• Bad ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2012, 03:33:11 PM »
yeeehhhhhhhh... i am afraid flares might be necessary... i just don't know if i can get away with some nice subtle alpha style (run free) or if i'll have to go cby.

here is a question i can put to the masses... i can get a full set of s13 stance quicker and cheaper, but then i would have to switch to s13 suspension in the front. i like my set up, up there (rx7 4pot, t3 adjustable lower control arms,t3 roll center adjusters,roll center adjusted tie rods,megan tension rods).
 if i go with s13 coilovers/knuckles in the front i'll lose the t3 lower arms, i'll need new camber plates, custom tension rods, i'll degrade down to stock s13 brakes because nothing else (z32) will fit with a 15" wheel and i am not sure if my tie rods will work.

so here is the question, should i go with cheaper/quicker coils and the headache of switching all that crap over or just wait for the hybrid set?

i am leaning towards waiting for the hybrid set.

Q45 brakes are great and fit in 15 in wheels, just depends on the wheel.

on my much heavier s14 they stop the car quick

haymaker

• Bad ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2012, 05:06:46 PM »
FUCK ROTAS

Please do not put rotas in your car. Haven't you seen the Bogart wheels on the white hatch? They look good man! Plus custom sizes!

I would say it depends what you want to do. I already have a nice reliable DD so my car will be more track oriented, thus going with full S13 coilovers (front conversion). Are you boxing the rear coilover perch mount? cause I am. That piece of metal is flimsy as hell.

i am not putting rotas on the car, tho i have no problem with rota at all. those bogart wheels are nice, i see them everyday, but i am not gonna do that wheel because they aren't cheap, and jimmy has them. i'll re-barrel some vintage wheels in the future.

JMax

• Bad ass
    • View Profile
    • JMax Paint Garage
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2012, 06:40:19 AM »
I think they are cheap for what they are and how well they are built. I was courting te37v's but Dang, almost 3.5g's for wheels got to hurt no matter what. The bogarts are no more than 1500 I heard, cheap in my book for.a.set of custom one off good quality wheels. Anyways, a rebarreled vintage wheel sounds cool too but it will set you back around the same, just saying.

haymaker

• Bad ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2012, 08:40:31 AM »
Bogarts start at 450 per wheel

haymaker

• Bad ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2012, 04:20:28 PM »
Stance is being shitty :(
Gonna have to go with option 2 most likely.

Hackeduphachi

• Bad ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2012, 11:26:14 PM »
Your car is already too nice... :P Hey buddy, if your planning on getting rid of some suspension stuff let me know. My car sucks and I need some parts lol.

haymaker

• Bad ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2012, 12:25:35 PM »
i am ordering stance, gonne be here end of june/beginning of july. at that point my full set of megan coilovers will be up for sale

gonna go pick up the apache ii's in a minute