Author Topic: ae86 power windows and power locks  (Read 6907 times)

1slow86

• AZT Member
    • View Profile
ae86 power windows and power locks
« on: September 27, 2013, 08:43:30 PM »
I just picked up a set of power window and power locks and i was wondering if anyone knows how to install it? And if so how much?

Wangchung_Tonight

• Bad ass
  • Skid-marks.
    • View Profile
    • Ehhrrr ma gerrd, its merr Ferrsberrk!
Re: ae86 power windows and power locks
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 09:01:07 AM »
Man, that is just not even worth the time and effort, if you ask me lol
The legendary pizza delivery 8-6 of Akina.

1slow86

• AZT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 08:20:58 PM »
I like my car powered i believe it to be a great upgrade and it goes well with my vipor alarm instead of having to lock my doors manually and i like the option of opening and closing my passenger window without having to reach over while driving and i didn't ask you.

BoxyShazam

• Bad ass
  • Goodbye yellow brick road
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 07:11:34 AM »
What exact parts do you have? I wouldn't hesitate to swap an engine but putting power windows and locks in my car is something I wouldnt even attempt lol.

Hackeduphachi

• Bad ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 10:05:30 AM »
You kinda asked lol.

twincharger

• Bad ass
  • Bite me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 12:13:49 PM »
user Eightsix did the opposite...

Took out power windows and installed manual ones.

He would know what is involved.

Do you have new door panels?  or would you just leave the hole where the crank was?

1slow86

• AZT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013, 12:14:36 PM »
I have all the parts for the installation

eightsix

• Sr. AZT Member
  • woogy boogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2013, 01:34:30 PM »
From what I remember, this was pretty much a plug and play deal because the under-dash has all the complete setup. I don't think you have to alter your harness but you may have to make sure there's a fuse/relay in the circuit that wasn't completed before your install.

- Take off your kick panels and other panels by your legs on both sides and look for the plug that matches up with the plug on the new door harnesses you are going to use. It should be right around the front of the door, where it hinges.
- The hardware and the labels should be there for the relay and fuse, you just need to place the relay/fuse there if there isn't one.
- Then plug in the regulator/motors and do the following tests:
   -Left switch (driver's side window)
   -Left switch (passenger side window)
   -Right switch (passenger side window)

Here's the wiring diagram you need for this install:

Work on setting up the wiring to the windows first and then we'll get into the locks because we need to get those switches power before anything else. Getting out to you is difficult for me lately... If you need help, with this and the other stuff we talked about, would you be able to bring the car out to me?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 01:36:40 PM by eightsix »

eightsix

• Sr. AZT Member
  • woogy boogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2013, 01:50:54 PM »
I like my car powered i believe it to be a great upgrade and it goes well with my vipor alarm instead of having to lock my doors manually and i like the option of opening and closing my passenger window without having to reach over while driving and i didn't ask you.

"Upgrade" is a matter of preference but it seems like you want to utilize the luxury options on these old cars as they become more scarce to find parts for; I dig it. As Twincharger said, I did the reverse of what you're doing, but regardless I think it's cool you're taking this approach and have remained consistent in your style of it. AC on a 20v, the viper setup, etc etc... Keep it up!

1slow86

• AZT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2013, 05:44:24 PM »

"Upgrade" is a matter of preference but it seems like you want to utilize the luxury options on these old cars as they become more scarce to find parts for; I dig it. As Twincharger said, I did the reverse of what you're doing, but regardless I think it's cool you're taking this approach and have remained consistent in your style of it. AC on a 20v, the viper setup, etc etc... Keep it up!

Thanks bro. but I'm not going to use the car in drifting or anything of the sort I just wanna clean 86 with all the options that I can get right now I'm looking into also changing the Antenna 2 the ae86 levin version that comes powered

Wangchung_Tonight

• Bad ass
  • Skid-marks.
    • View Profile
    • Ehhrrr ma gerrd, its merr Ferrsberrk!
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2013, 05:45:59 PM »
You kinda asked lol.

Lol didn't mean to offend you, dude.
The legendary pizza delivery 8-6 of Akina.

1slow86

• AZT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2013, 05:47:40 PM »
user Eightsix did the opposite...

Took out power windows and installed manual ones.

He would know what is involved.

Do you have new door panels?  or would you just leave the hole where the crank was?

I'm going to have to cut the door panels home a little bit bigger for the power window switch but I also need to redo my door panels since there cracked up and tearing so I figure I'm going to do it at the same time

1slow86

• AZT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2013, 05:50:48 PM »
From what I remember, this was pretty much a plug and play deal because the under-dash has all the complete setup. I don't think you have to alter your harness but you may have to make sure there's a fuse/relay in the circuit that wasn't completed before your install.

- Take off your kick panels and other panels by your legs on both sides and look for the plug that matches up with the plug on the new door harnesses you are going to use. It should be right around the front of the door, where it hinges.
- The hardware and the labels should be there for the relay and fuse, you just need to place the relay/fuse there if there isn't one.
- Then plug in the regulator/motors and do the following tests:
   -Left switch (driver's side window)
   -Left switch (passenger side window)
   -Right switch (passenger side window)

Here's the wiring diagram you need for this install:

Work on setting up the wiring to the windows first and then we'll get into the locks because we need to get those switches power before anything else. Getting out to you is difficult for me lately... If you need help, with this and the other stuff we talked about, would you be able to bring the car out to me?

its not a plug n play because my 86 come with that feature. I think your 86 have to come with that option either that or the person I got the power windows from didn't include the rest of the harness but I have had a few people look at it and they say it's complete I think zack is going to do it for me and he says there's nothing missing he's just going to charge me for labor

Hackeduphachi

• Bad ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2013, 06:02:27 PM »
Mad props on the 20v with ac! I don't even have a heater on mine lol. Power options are cool, just sucks when they break. Keep it going tho.

1slow86

• AZT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2013, 01:14:10 PM »
Mad props on the 20v with ac! I don't even have a heater on mine lol. Power options are cool, just sucks when they break. Keep it going tho.

Thanks bro i'm doing it to my liking and i have to have ac we are in az 120 degrees is not cool with no AC