Author Topic: new owner for the RN34 mini truck!  (Read 7268 times)

SDSK

• Bad ass
  • second time "couchi" owner
    • View Profile
new owner for the RN34 mini truck!
« on: October 28, 2013, 10:57:14 AM »
unfortunately J-tin had to sell the RN34 mini awesome truck.  :'(

however now i am the new owner of this wonderful little RN34!  ;D

so plans are to get all the dings out, replace the hood and passenger side fender, then get some color on her. the idea immediately came into my head of a 1uz swap but that will have to wait till the other 1uz swap is done. so it does have a 22re and as we all know it is dropped to the floor witch is almost 100% correct because when riding in this wonderful little gem you will feel every bump in the road. tis is because the rear is basically solid and has no travel. yup its laying on frame with just bump stops to keep metal from metal.

so with that being said its a great little truck but i do need to research and find what the options are. 1st thing i want to do is get rid of the steering wheel because it hits my legs and then a new steering rack because it takes literally 3 1/2 turns or more to go from lock to lock.

if anyone has any ideas of parts that might be something i can benefit just lmk.

j-tin

• AZT Member
    • View Profile
Re: new owner for the RN34 mini truck!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 04:12:29 PM »
glad it went to a good home!

you could c-notch the frame in order to gain some suspension travel in the back.

post up progress as you improve/fix things.

SDSK

• Bad ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 07:39:55 PM »
so i found out a few things about this little bundle of joy today. first off its NOT a RN34 its a RN30. also its not a 83' it's a 82.

things i've done to it in the past week or so are as follows,

strip headliner bare, pound out dents in the bed and what i could in the driver side fender, sanded down to bare metal on the roof and most of the passenger side of the bed, after witch i started pounding out any of the dents i could get out of the roof, bed and passenger fender. also put the rear in the air and checked what kind of clearance i was working with and as i figured there was NONE. i thought about removing the bump stops but i could see that even with those in there the rear is squishing them almost all the way flat so that wouldn't be such a good idea. also pulled the rims and began the restoring process to match the corolla. pulled the passenger fender sanded it to bare metal and put the trucks first portion of paint down. not all the dents are out but i think i did an excellent job. lol

anyone wanna post pics for me? can't do it over the phone.......

toywagon82

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 11:23:54 AM »

Swishercorolla

• Sr. AZT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 09:55:34 PM »
looks great
corolla way of life

Hackeduphachi

• Bad ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 01:40:25 AM »
Not bad mr. Rattle can

toywagon82

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 03:54:39 PM »

SDSK

• Bad ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2013, 11:50:28 PM »
ok so finally i figured out how to upload photos... so rims are complete as you can see.

next body panels started being removed for replacement and paint.

then Aaron got this great idea to got for a small photo shoot with the half disassembled truck.

after a slight glitch with wiring on the truck we got it home and got ready to put it in the air.

a few days passed and the next weekend came around so i decided to remove all sound dead

after that i got my hands on some mint bare doors so i prepped for paint and began to swap glass, handles, mirrors, linkage ect.

began paint on front clip and under fender

color matched door handle and mirrors plus mocked up fitment of the door with new hinges. notice bed is ready for paint...

freshened up the bumper with some satin black to hide the huge bends from who knows what and put headlights back on only to find out later they were on backwards but the pic looks so good i didnt mind. lol

the bed is complete with paint for now. just need a new tailgate and need to buy some rhino lining for the inside of the bed.

door jams have paint as well. only thing left so far is driver side fender and hood for paint. next is swapping out the cut up dash for another one i got my hands on. still need the dash pad but i might just give the new dash some nice color and call it a day.

after the dash is out hopefully i can get to the interior painting... more pics to come...

haymaker

• Bad ass
  • bloodthirstyhatetheupright
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2013, 12:10:48 AM »
i dig the nude photo shoot

Hackeduphachi

• Bad ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2013, 02:51:21 AM »
You drove it around like that lol. I thought you were color matching with the rolla.

Either way looks much better dude.

twincharger

• Bad ass
  • Bite me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2013, 12:35:25 PM »
How many rattle cans so far?

j-tin

• AZT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2013, 08:33:46 PM »
whoo hoo!
putting in work!
looking good, keep it up.

SDSK

• Bad ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2013, 11:54:11 PM »
How many rattle cans so far?

more then i wanted to use.mostly because a lot of experimenting has been taking place as well.was gonna call you and see if you would be up for a day or two of painting with your equipment if you didnt mind...

twincharger

• Bad ass
  • Bite me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2013, 12:23:08 AM »
Then stop with the rattle cans…

Car paint melts rattle can paint…

Use primer instead :)

Hackeduphachi

• Bad ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2013, 12:46:05 AM »
Find a place to do it and I can spray it for you buddy!