Author Topic: any is300 fans? I'm lookin for ideas on engine swaps...aristo/supra..or na-t  (Read 12036 times)

Na 7m

• AZT Member
    • View Profile
Deff will give you a code for lack of speed sensor

What are your goals and what is your spending limit lol

1stGENis

• Noob
    • View Profile
I have 137, 000 miles on my is300. ...at 130, 000 I heat staightened the head, milled it, 3 angle valve job, head gasket,  water pump,  timing belt,  spark plugs,  front crank seal.....the head gasket blew ten days after I bought it. ...my goal is not outrageous..maybe 400-450hp...with a standard trans...I have the vvti 2jz-ge..I know my weak links are the rods and my auto trans.....so I'm thinkin arp head studs...non vvti rods..new rod and main bearings..cylinder hone..new piston rings. .the r154 conversion...and I should be very happy then...boosted with more fuel and a tune of course. ..

So....my question is....how much does an r154 trans go for and around how much does the conversion cost..to do it right....

Thx for all the support. ..I've been on other forums and they were not helpful

Hackeduphachi

• Bad ass
    • View Profile
Sounds like your on the right track dude.

The trans it self varies quite a bit in price. If your lucky enough to find one in the yard(not likely with crazygay240 hording them all) you would only pay $150. If your buying one anywhere else I would expect anywhere from $400-$2000. But don't pay 2 grand that's ridiculous but I have seen them posted for that.

crazy white sileighty

• AZT Member
    • View Profile
I don't understand why everyone gets so upset at the fact that I have 7 r154s. I have 2 2jzgtes a 1jzgte a 1.5jzgte a 7mgte  and I am looking to get a third 2jzgte. The 7th is a spare ;)

Hackeduphachi

• Bad ass
    • View Profile
I am not upset at all :) just call them like I see them. Props on having all of the r154 trans lol :p

Na 7m

• AZT Member
    • View Profile
holly hell. that alot of r's

1stGENis

• Noob
    • View Profile
@crazy white gay240...sell me a r154...and if u ever need any aluminium tig welding done, I can hook u up...or a.c. parts...I work for a major parts distributor...

JMax

• Bad ass
  • Not as baller as the Haymaker
    • View Profile
    • JMax Paint Garage
SR20DET.

http://www.properimage.net/forum/showthread.php?318-SR20-DET-Toyota-Altezza-(is300)

Lighter than a 2J and 3SGE. Proven reliability and power. Very possible it will be cheaper than installing a 1J/2J and sourcing an R154 OR doing a 3SGE swap.

Think about it, all you will need is mounts and driveshaft besides the motorset.

You are welcome.

jmaxgarage.com - jmxg.com
Project a.d.d. since 2001

Hackeduphachi

• Bad ass
    • View Profile
Hahahaha!!!!

Sr20 your own car already! Or did you decide to go 1uz now? I can't keep up anymore lol!

The motor currently in the car already makes the same power as a turbo sr20 red top. With the money it would take to upgrade the sr with bigger turbo, injectors, ecu he could just turbo the motor he already has. So I have to disagree completely with the sr swap into a IS300.

I do like the sr btw I might swap my s13 with one. So it's not that I am anti sr.

jimmyde

NA-T leave the auto alone and save for a complete 5spd swap if ya want. Also, read up on the diff... you might not be too happy on the free way. GL

crazy white sileighty

• AZT Member
    • View Profile
Hahaha I just got another r154. That makes 8

Na 7m

• AZT Member
    • View Profile
i would rather shoot myself in the foot than put a sr20 a altezza........ even an is300..... 3s or go home ahahahaha just kiding but seriously fuck that noise 3s powns sr20

JMax

• Bad ass
  • Not as baller as the Haymaker
    • View Profile
    • JMax Paint Garage

you sir are a faggot. sell me one you queer  :P

jmaxgarage.com - jmxg.com
Project a.d.d. since 2001

Brando

• AZT Member
    • View Profile

you sir are a faggot. sell me one you queer  :P

lol I just tired at one too... apparently he has plans for 7 of them :o

AdamP

• Noob
    • View Profile
SR20DET.

Think about it, all you will need is mounts and driveshaft besides the motorset.

You are welcome.
I got the mounts if anyone needs them.